Last Updated: January, 2022
The Services include providing: (i) the iToro social trading platform for investing in stocks & EFTs, cryptocurrencies and for CFDs trading which users can sign up for an account with ; (ii) the iToro Money App which facilitates the iToro Money services (e-money account servicing payments and debit card) and iToro Money Crypto Wallet services; (iii) iToroX Digital Assets Exchange Services; (iv) any other site, web platform, mobile application or other service facilitated by any iToro Entity (any account described in (i)-(iv) being an “iToro Account” for the purpose of this Policy).
Application of this Policy
For the purposes of applicable state and/or international data protection laws, the respective iToro Entity with whom you have registered is the “controller” of personal information collected through www.iToro.net (http://www.iToro.net), other iToro group entities’ websites, widgets, mobile applications (including the iToro Money App) and other platforms (together the “Site”), and is the company to contact if you have questions about the use of your personal information (see the “Contact Us” section below). The Policy also applies to personal data about each authorized representative of a client and about other persons or entities where this personal data is collected in the course of providing the Services (such as directors of corporate clients).
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an iToro Account, participate in any interactive features of the Services, fill out a form, participate in a contest or promotion, make a purchase, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us.
When You Sign Up or Register for an iToro Account or Services
If you sign up for an iToro Account or other Services, we will collect basic information about you including your name, email address and telephone number. You may provide this information to us directly, or by signing in to your account/service with a third party, including without limitation, Facebook or Google (see “Information We Collect from Other Sources” below). We will use the information that we collect about you to:
- Create and maintain your iToro Account;
- Allow you to log in to iToro;
- Contact you about your iToro Account and/or our Services (this may include marketing emails).
When You Provide Information to Build Your Profile
Please note that if you choose to provide additional information about yourself to complete your “Profile”, then the information we ask for may include your gender, date of birth, place of birth, addresses, nationality, national insurance number, social security number (or other government-issued identification number), citizenship and residency status, Tax ID, and information about your experience trading, education, source of income, investment aims and appetite, occupation, employer and employment position, annual income, investment portfolio, total cash and liquid assets and other details or questions as may be required in the Profile creation and the process may be amended by us from time to time.
It is optional for you to do so but for legal and regulatory reasons you will be unable to proceed to use certain features unless you provide further information.
We will use the information you provide in your Profile to:
- verify your identity and carry out checks that we are required to conduct by applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, “know your customer” (KYC), anti-money laundering, fraud, sanctions and politically exposed person (PEP) checks;
- contact you on matters related to your iToro Account, including to request any additional information or documentation;
- provide you with notices related to your iToro Account, general updates, market updates and other marketing materials, including about the Services offered by members of the iToro Group;
- tailor the products and services offered through the Site to you, including without limitation, to perform any suitability or appropriateness assessments for using our services and/or products, such as our high-leveraged trading services and Social Trading Features;
- assess your credit risk;
- assess your risk score according to parameters determined by iToro;
- assess whether you qualify as a professional client, wholesale client or other specific category of client;
- maintain administrative records relating to our business;
- set up security measures to secure your account, including without limitation, to carry out two-factor authentication (“2FA”); and
You can update your Profile at any time by visiting the “Account” page in the Settings menu when logged into your iToro Account. We recommend that you update your Profile regularly, to ensure that the iToro functions offered to you are appropriate for your current circumstances. You further agree to update such information upon iToro’s request, if iToro considers the information provided as untrue, incorrect, incomplete and/or inconsistent with other information provided by you at any time. You acknowledge that we may rely upon such information and that you are responsible for any damages or losses which may result from any inaccuracies, including without limitation, the inappropriateness of our Services to your Profile. You do not have to complete your Profile and therefore do not have to provide the information; however, if you choose not to, we will be unable to offer iToro’s full functionality to you.
If you provide us with personal information that we have not requested then we will endeavour to only retain the information that we are entitled or required to hold because of the products and services we provide. However, if this additional information is surplus to our requirements but is provided to us in a manner where it is combined with information that we are either required or entitled to retain then you acknowledge that this unsolicited information may be held by us in the same manner as the balance of your personal information.
Your Choices and Rights
You may have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data. For example, you may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing and in some circumstances to obtain a copy of the personal information in machine readable format. There are limits to such rights where they apply and in certain circumstances we may not be required or able to meet your request, or we may only meet your request in part
Legal Basis for Processing: For transparency purposes (where relevant under data protection legislation applicable to our processing of your personal information) we process your personal data on the following legal grounds:
- For other Justifiable Grounds, including Legal Obligation and Legitimate Interests: We process your personal information where necessary for iToro to comply with legal and regulatory obligations we are under, and also where it is necessary for legitimate interests we have in conducting our business (or the legitimate interests of our partners in complying with their legal obligations), balanced against the rights of our customers, like you. These include without limitation:
- Learning about your interests and preferences to contact you with information that is relevant to you and helping us target marketing communications and advertisements for our products and services so that they are more relevant to you.
- Using your pseudonymised details to show you advertising for our products and services on social media platforms, such as Facebook or via other third-party advertising that may appear on other websites you use. The information shared with these platforms is pseudonymised to protect your personal data.
- Analyzing and continually improving the Site and the Services and helping us pilot test versions of the Site internally to develop new features and ensure the efficient running of iToro’s services
- Detecting and reducing fraud and credit risk
Data Subject Requests: You may have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be updated, corrected, erased, or transferred. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you can log into your account or contact us via this Link. Alternatively, you may also reach us by email If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, please note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails or text messages from iToro by following the instructions in those emails or text messages or by visiting the “Notifications” tab in the “Settings” menu on our platform. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as service messages about your iToro Account or our ongoing business relationship.
Security and Integrity of Information
We restrict access to personal information at our offices so that only officers and/or employees with a legitimate business purpose can access it.